Thursday, October 25, 2012

SIX SISTERS


FINALLY, I'M BACK on the Sisters rug.  Still using my lousy cell camera so I'm not sure if you can see the dark golden hair, but I just love it. It's popping!!  This sister reminds me of one of my cousins. Yolie. She used to dye her hair this color and it looked good on her too. When I picked this golden worm out of my worm basket, all I could find was ONE cut #8 worm, a sad stash indeed.  It was a treasure found, non the less, so I ran it thru my cutter to slice it in half, lengthwise. Those two skinny pieces of wool only filled in outline and the back of her head, but left a bald spot on top, so I went hunting high and lo for another worm. As luck would have it... I found one in a slightly darker gold. I was able to finish hooking her bald spot. Nice, huh??  The cream wool behind her head is just there to help hold the hairdo in place. Same with dark piece of wool under her arm. I'm still not sure on background color though....  But, I'll work it out, we always do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment