Friday, October 19, 2012

TRANSFERWARE ~ PURPLE

ANOTHER IDEA FOR a rug design...  I collect a set of purple transferware china... This small serving bowl is not from my set, but I do own it and bought it just for the sole purpose of adapting the design for a small oval rug. The flower border is beautiful. This old china pattern is called Colonial. If anything, wouldn't it be a challenge to hook this pattern into a rug using your favorite color of wool in 5, 6, 7, 8, nine shades?? Just an idea...

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing where you get your inspiration Anita. I love this dish and its hooking possibilities.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you Elizabeth... When I first saw that serving bowl, I saw an oval rug... Thansferware china patterns have always been my favorite. I have RED/White too that I use for everyday dishes. These are old restaurantware dishes.

    ReplyDelete