Sunday, September 30, 2012

FRUMPY SISTER


I'M NOT LIKING this second sister...  That outfit has got to go!  She is looking frumpy!!  The plaid I'm using for her skirt is actually a pretty wool with teal blue and orange mixed in with the tan.  But, the tan collar and outline around her boobs is sinking into the blue blouse. I have a solid orange wool that I might use for collar and outline instead of the tan.  Of course, I should finish dressing her before I make any changes. I'll work on it more today...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Anita,

    Are you located in Phoenix? If so, would love to have you join us for the Wild and Wooly hook in. We meet on the second Sat. of the month in Scottsdale. Loving your big boned sister rug, have always wanted to hook one.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jane~ Thanks for stopping by and the invite to join you some Saturday. Yes, I do live in Phoenix, off of Union Hills and 40th Street. I've been here about a year. It's been my dream to take a course from Deanne Fitzpatrick. I love her style of hooking. Next year I'm going to try her online hooking class. But first, I better get my Six Sister's rug done. I'm having fun working on it... ~Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita I love your sisters pattern, and you've made such a great start. Many of the hookers in my group have taken courses with Deanne Fitzpatrick, and I've everyone thinks she is wonderful .I've done a number of her patterns, but did them before I knew her "style" (which I love to look at, but don't hook) Looking forward to watching your sisters get dressed. :)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Elizabeth, I've been messing around on my new blog, trying to put it together. I did not do any hooking at all last week. The Deanne F. website was the first Rug Hooking Website I found when I first started hooking in 08-09. I just love the hit and miss look of her landscape rugs. I have a big Arizona desert scene rug that I wanted to hook in her style. Some day I will get it done. ~Anita

    ReplyDelete